The North Central Region Water Network, Soil and Water Conservation Society, Iowa Soybean Association, and US Water Alliance teamed up for the North Central Region One Water Action Forum held December 11-13, 2018 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The forum brought together researchers, educators, practitioners, and policy-makers to advance more connected and cohesive approaches to water and watershed management in the North Central Region.
The North Central Region Water Network is currently accepting funding applications addressing opportunities and actions arising from the forum. Lead applicants must have an extension appointment/assignment at a land-grant institution in the North Central Region, but all partners are welcome! Download the full Request for Applications for more information and explore the one water actions brainstormed at the forum. Applications are due no later than March 1, 2019, 5pm CT.
WATER TOPICS HIGHLIGHTED:
- Source Water Protection
- Climate and Water
- Watershed Management
- Nutrient Management and Harmful Algal Blooms
- Soil Health and Water
- Water Infrastructure
- Sustainable Water Supply
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Water Outreach, Research, and Management
- Engaging the Next Generation of Water Stewards
- Land-grant university researchers and educators
- Tribal college representatives
- Watershed coordinators
- Conservation and environmental NGO staff
- Farmers, farm advisors, professional agricultural organizations, and representatives from agricultural industry
- Local, state, tribal and federal agencies and officials
- Private sector organizations
- Other interested professionals and volunteers
So, what exactly are the key elements to one water success? See the Wordle below of what forum attendees noted was key to one water success.